Friday, March 07, 2008

Fix Me - Page 9



I like this page. I really like the close up on Sol's face with him drooling all over the place. I giggled to myself while drawing it. Actually, even though I've had a brief encounter with animating a walk cycle, the three panel walking part was pretty difficult to get his pose just right. I wanted it to be natural, but also to show that he's still pissed off. While he's not exactly stomping like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum, he's not just going for a stroll down the road to pick up some hot dogs either. He's out to beat someone's face in. Anyway, I think it came out well, but that might be because I've been staring at it for so long. Another thing I'd like to draw your attention to are the three slim panels and the fade to black behind them on the bottom left corner of the page. The paneling and gradient are both techniques used fairly commonly in Japanese manga. The slim panels by themselves indicate the passing of time. However, when the background is fading to black, then they indicate that what is to follow will be a flashback to some past event. So remember kids, when the page behind the panels is black, its a flashback! (woo rhyming!) Over all, this was one of the more fun pages to draw. -Dash

No comments: